Nikon D610 Kit AF-S 24-85mm VR Lens Digital SLR Cameras
The Nikon D610 DSLR Camera features a full-frame, FX-format 24.3 megapixel CMOS sensor and EXPEED 3 image processor to produce high-resolution still imagery and full HD 1080p video with notable image detail and low-light sensitivity to an expandable ISO 25600. The sensor and processor work together to enable high image quality with a wide dynamic range and high signal-to-noise ratio that produces both smooth color and tonal gradations with low noise levels for enhanced overall clarity. These two technologies also combine to provide a wealth of speed throughout the D610, including a continuous shooting rate of 6 fps and a quiet shooting mode that allows the camera to record sequential imagery without the mirror raising or lowering. -----
A Multi-CAM 4800 AF sensor is integrated into the camera's design and produces fast autofocus speeds using a 39-point array to precisely acquire focus in a wide array of lighting conditions. Seven of the central AF points are compatible with f/8 or faster lenses, which greatly enhances the autofocus performance with longer, telephoto lenses used in combination with teleconverters. When recording movies or working in live view, a contrast-detection focusing method works to continuously deliver accurate focus with subject-tracking and face-detection capabilities using the full-time servo mode.
Full HD 1080p video is supported up to 30 fps in the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 format and manual control over the ISO, shutter speed, and aperture is possible for optimized control over the look and feel of movies. Uncompressed recording is possible with an optional external recorder connected via the HDMI port and, additionally, both headphone and microphone ports are available for refined control over recorded sound.
Extending the D610's connectivity, an accessory terminal is compatible with the optional WU-1b Wireless Mobile Adapter and GP-1A GPS Unit for wireless image sharing, remote camera control, and geotagging capabilities.
Included with the D610 body is the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR lens; a versatile wide-angle to portrait-length zoom lens. This lens features VR (Vibration Reduction) to minimize the appearance of camera shake and also integrates one extra-low dispersion element and three aspherical elements to minimize chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range and enhance the overall clarity and contrast.
- 24.3MP FX-Format Sensor and EXPEED 3 Image Processor
- The 24.3 megapixel full-frame (FX) CMOS sensor and EXPEED 3 image processor work in tandem to produce overall high image quality with notable detail, dynamic range, color accuracy, and low-light sensitivity to a native ISO 6400, which is further expandable to ISO 25600. The processor also enables a wealth of speed throughout the camera system, including support for full HD 1080p movie recording, a full-resolution continuous shooting rate of 6 fps, and a continuous quiet mode for recording a sequence of images without the raising and lowering of the camera's reflex mirror. The sensor can also record imagery in DX format and will automatically switch to and support the use of DX-dedicated lenses when attached.
- Multi-CAM 4800 Autofocus Sensor
- Benefitting the exceptional image quality is an apt AF system that employs 39 distinct AF points to quickly acquire focus in a range of lighting conditions, from -1 to +19 EV. An intelligent Scene Recognition System, typically reserved for exposure metering, benefits the focusing performance by analyzing and identifying subjects to suit panning and tracking-based shooting styles. Depending on the situation, 9, 21, or 39 point arrays can be selected from and seven centrally-located AF points are compatible with f/8 or faster lenses, extending the auto focusing abilities of the longest lenses used in conjunction with teleconverters.
When working in live view, for either still or movie shooting, a contrast-based AF system is employed to acquire focus precisely and can function in continuous, full-time servo mode to better-suit working with moving subjects.
- Scene Recognition System and Exposure Metering
- The intelligent Scene Recognition System with 3D Color Matrix Metering II utilizes a 2016-pixel RGB sensor to evaluate and analyze all aspects within a scene, including brightness, contrast, subject distance, and the scene colors, to quickly determine an accurate exposure setting to best render the scene at hand. The information gathered is also checked against onboard reference images to ensure consistency from image to image in regard to exposure, white balance, i-TTL flash settings, and subject-tracking AF performance.
- Full HD 1080p Movie Recording
- Full HD 1920 x 1080p movie recording is supported in 30, 25, and 24 fps frame rates, as well as HD 720p in multiple frame rates, in the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 format. During recording, manual exposure control is possible through adjustment of the ISO, shutter speed, and aperture setting and full-time autofocus can be employed, with face-detection and subject-tracking capabilities.
For enhancing the sound of recordings, both an external microphone input is available as well as a headphone jack for real-time monitoring of recorded sound. An HDMI output is also incorporated into the design and, besides enabling HD playback of video, also supports uncompressed recording of HD video by using an optional external recorder. Regardless of the lens in use, multi-area full HD D-Movie enables you to choose between FX or DX recording areas of the sensor to modify the composition and gain additional reach from lenses, as well as expanded control over the depth of field.
- Built-In Pop-Up Flash and i-TTL Support
- The built-in pop-up flash extends its functionality beyond acting as a source of additional light by also serving as a wireless Commander, capable of communicating i-TTL exposure information to two groups of remote flashes across three channels for refined control over strobe lighting. A hot shoe is also available and supports Nikon i-TTL and Creative Lighting System with compatible optional Speedlights.
- Camera Design
- Even with a large FX-format sensor inside, the D610's overall form-factor remains relatively compact and lightweight, enhancing its portability and travel potential. Beside the optical pentaprism viewfinder, a 3.2" 921k-dot LCD monitor is available for clear, bright image playback, menu navigation, and live view monitoring. Dual SD memory card slots support a range of recording capabilities, including overflow recording and JPEG/RAW partitioning.
An accessory terminal supports the use of the optional WU-1b Wireless Mobile Adapter for Wi-Fi sharing of images and video as well as remote camera control from a linked iOS or Android device with the Nikon Wireless Mobile Adapter Utility application. The GP-1A GPS Unit is also supported for adding locational data to images' metadata for geotagging applications.
- AF-S NIKKOR 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR Lens
- The included 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 zoom lens covers an array of oft-used focal lengths and serves as a highly versatile lens for everyday shooting applications. VR image stabilization works to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed steps to benefit working in low-light conditions and a Silent Wave Motor provides fast, smooth, and quiet focusing performance that is well-suited to video applications. One extra-low dispersion element and three aspherical elements are integrated into the optical design to reduce aberrations and distortions and improve contrast, clarity, and color fidelity. A multi-layered Super Integrated Coating has also been applied to lens elements to minimize flare and ghosting for optimized light transmission.
|Camera Type||Digital SLR with Interchangeable lenses|
|Lens Mount||Nikon F|
|Pixels||Actual: 24.7 Megapixel|
|Effective: 24.3 Megapixel|
|Max Resolution||6016 x 4016 @ 3:2|
|Other Resolutions||4512 x 3008 @ 3:2|
|3008 x 2008 @ 3:2|
|3936 x 2624 @ 3:2|
|2944 x 1968 @ 3:2|
|1968 x 1312 @ 3:2|
|Sensor Type / Size||CMOS, 35.9 x 24 mm|
|File Formats||Still Images: JPEG, RAW|
|Movies: MOV, MPEG-4 AVC/H.264|
|Audio: Linear PCM|
|Dust Reduction System||Yes|
|Memory Card Type||SD|
|Focus Type||Auto & Manual|
|Focus Mode||Single-servo AF (S), Continuous-servo AF (C), Full-time Servo (F), Manual Focus (M)|
|Autofocus Points||Phase Detection: 39|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 0.7x|
|Diopter Adjustment||- 3 to +1 m|
|Display Screen||3.2" Rear Screen LCD (921,000)|
|Angle of View||170.0°|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100-6400 (Extended Mode: 50-25600)|
|Shutter||Type: Electronic & Mechanical|
|Speed: 30 - 1/4000 sec, Bulb Mode|
|Remote Control||MC-DC2 (Optional)|
|Metering Method||3D Color Matrix Metering, Center-weighted average metering, Spot metering|
|Exposure Modes||Modes: Aperture Priority, Manual, Programmed Auto, Shutter Priority|
|Metering Range: EV 0.0 - EV 20.0|
|Compensation: -5 EV to +5 EV (in .3, .5 or 1 EV steps)|
|White Balance Modes||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Direct Sunlight, Flash, Fluorescent, Incandescent, Preset Manual, Shade|
|Flash Modes||Modes: 1st Curtain Sync|
|Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction|
|Compensation: -3 EV to +1 EV (in .3, .5 or 1 EV steps)|
|Guide No.||39' (11.89 m) ISO100|
|Max Sync Speed||1 / 200 sec|
|Flash Compensation||-3 EV to +1 EV (in .3, .5 or 1 EV steps)|
|Dedicated Flash System||iTTL Groups: 2 Channels: 3|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe, Wireless|
|File Size||1920 x 1080p (Full HD)|
|1280 x 720p (HD)|
|Frame Rate||@ 1920 x 1080: 30 fps, 25 fps, 24 fps|
|@ 1280 x 720: 60 fps, 50 fps, 30 fps, 25 fps|
|Exposure Control||Manual: Shutter Speed, Aperture, ISO|
|Continuous Shooting Time||1920 x 1080|
|29 min. (59 MB / min.)|
|Audio Recording||Built-in Mic: With Still Images & Video, Stereo,|
|Optional External Mic: With Still Images & Video,|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 6 fps|
|In-Camera Image Editing||Color Balance, Color Outline, Color Sketch, D-Lighting, Distortion Control, Edit Movie, Filter Effects, Fisheye, Image Overlay, Miniature Effect, Monochrome, NEF (RAW) Processing, Perspective Control, Quick Retouch, Red-eye Correction, Resize Image, Selective Color, Side-by-Side Comparison, Straighten, Trim|
|Connectivity||1/8" Headphone, 1/8" Microphone, HDMI C (Mini), USB 2.0|
|Wi-Fi Capable||Yes (with Optional Transmitter)|
|Battery||1x EN-EL15 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 7VDC, 1900mAh|
|AC Power Adapter||EH-5b (Optional)|
|32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||5.6 x 4.4 x 3.2" / 141.0 x 113.0 x 82.0 mm|
|Weight||1.67 lb / 760 g camera body only|
|Focal Length||24 - 85 mm|
|Aperture||Maximum: f/3.5 - 4.5|
|Minimum: f/22 - 29|
|Angle of View||84° - 28° 30'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.25' (38 cm)|
|Filter Thread||Front: 72 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.07 x 3.23" (78 x 82 mm)|
|Weight||1.02 lb (465 g)|