Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR Lenses
The Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR Lens is an all-in-one zoom lens capable of shooting wide angle to super telephoto focal lengths. This lens has a zoom range of 18-300mm, equivalent to 27-450mm in a 35mm format, which makes it useful in a large range of shooting conditions.
The 18-300mm utilizes a Silent Wave Motor for quick, quiet autofocusing for photo and video as well as internal focusing that helps keep the lens design compact. Also, the Vibration Reduction technology optically stabilizes the image to reduce camera shake and movement in order provide up to 4 additional stops of light while shooting handheld.
Helping with image quality are three aspherical and extra-low dispersion glass elements that will minimize flare and ghosting while maximizing contrast. The lens has 7 rounded diaphragm blades for smooth out-of-focus areas and a 67mm front filter thread.
- Aperture range from f/3.5 to f/22
- Angle of view from 76° to 5°20'
- Maximum magnification of 0.32x and a minimum focusing distance of 1.6'
- Lens construction of 16 elements in 12 groups
- Works on FX-format cameras in DX crop mode
- Utilizes 7 rounded diaphragm blades for smooth out-of-focus areas
- The three extra-low dispersion (ED) glass elements help by minimizing the effects of chromatic aberrations and maintaining optimal sharpness and contrast of the lens
- Three aspherical lens elements reduce coma and other aberrations as well as correct the distortion in addition to keeping lenses smaller and lighter
- Super Integrated Coating nearly eliminates ghosting and reduces flaring, maintaining a crisp image throughout the frame
- A-M switch locks the focus ring during autofocus while still allowing manual focusing when the ring is turned
Performance Focal Length 18 - 300mm Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 27 - 450 mm Aperture Maximum: f/3.5 - 6.3 Minimum: f/22 Camera Mount Type Nikon F Format Compatibility Nikon DX Angle of View 76° - 5° 20' Minimum Focus Distance 1.6' (48.77 cm) Magnification 0.32x Elements/Groups 12?16? Diaphragm Blades 7, Rounded Features Image Stabilization Yes Autofocus Yes Tripod Collar No Physical Filter Thread Front:67 mm Dimensions (DxL) Approx. 3.09 x 3.90" (78.5 x 99 mm) Weight 19.40 oz (550 g)